Hurt And Pain
- I have learned now that while those who speak about one’s miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more. ~ C. S. Lewis
- Don’t hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love. ~ Leo Buscaglia
- We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey. ~ Kenji Miyazawa
- Nobody can hurt me without my permission. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them. ~ Dalai Lama
- I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. ~ Mother Teresa
- If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment. ~ Marcus Aurelius
- Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word. ~ George R. R. Martin
- The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win. ~ Roger Bannister
- Grief is the price we pay for love. ~ Queen Elizabeth II
- So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love. ~ E. A. Bucchianeri
- Pain is such an uncomfortable feeling that even a tiny amount of it is enough to ruin every enjoyment. ~ Will Rogers
- While we may not consider the way we talk to be ‘violent,’ our words often lead to hurt and pain, whether for others or for ourselves. ~ Marshall B. Rosenberg
- Take it slowly. The deepest resentments are wrapped up in a lot of hurt and pain. We think we’re protecting ourselves by not forgiving. Acknowledge that and go easy on yourself. Forgiveness means that you’ve decided not to let it keep festering inside even if it only comes up once in awhile. Forgiveness is a powerful yet challenging tool that will support and honor you, even in the most extreme circumstances. ~ Howard Martin
- Who will cry for the little boy, lost and all alone?
Who will cry for the little boy, abandoned without his own?
Who will cry for the little boy? He cried himself to sleep.
Who will cry for the little boy? He never had for keeps.
Who will cry for the little boy? He walked the burning sand.
Who will cry for the little boy? The boy inside the man.
Who will cry for the little boy? Who knows well hurt and pain.
Who will cry for the little boy? He died and died again.
Who will cry for the little boy? A good boy he tried to be.
Who will cry for the little boy, who cries inside of me? ~ Antwone Fisher
- A casual attitude toward human hurt and pain is the surest sign of educational failure. ~ Norman Cousins
- Look forward to the future and look forward to the unknown. Nothing stays the same and people change. One day that hurt and pain will be a distant memory. ~ Angela Merkel
- You can find hurt and pain in my music while finding the light. It represents empowerment… I speak from a very truthful and sincere place…with love ~ Stacy Barthe
- I realize now I didn’t really want to die. I just wanted to stop the hurt and pain. ~ LaToya Jackson
- Love’s ship has foundered on the rocks of life. We’re quits: stupid to draw up a list of mutual sorrows, hurts and pains. ~ Vladimir Mayakovsky